Last Updated on May 30, 2023 by Rose Morah
If you are looking to buy/lease an EV or purchase and install an EV charging station in Florida, you stand to benefit from the EV rebates and incentives available for eligible residents.
The following are some of the clean vehicle grants available for people living in Florida:
1. Orlando Utilities Commission (OUC) EV Incentives
OUC offers EV incentives to individuals who are looking to buy or lease an EV through the following deals:
- Visa gift card.
If you test drive at an OUC Electrified Dealership then you could get a $50 Visa gift card.
To receive the gift card, you will need to:
- Be an OUC customer.
- Test drive at a participating OUC electrified dealership.
- Complete the post-drive survey. After completing the survey you will receive the gift card within 60 days via email.
- EV purchase/lease rebate
You can qualify for a $200 rebate after purchasing or leasing an EV. To qualify for the $200, you will need to:
- Be an OUC customer.
- Must submit the rebate application within 6 months of the purchase/lease date.
- Must have proof of purchase (your name/authorized person’s name should be included).
For more information, you can visit their official website.
2. Kissimmee Utility Authority (KUA) Rebates
Kissimmee Utility Authority offers a $100 rebate to individuals who are looking to purchase an EV. Additionally, they offer a $100 rebate for purchasing and installing an EV charging station at home.
The rebates are usually distributed as credits to your KUA account.
To qualify for the rebate, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must be a KUA customer with an active account.
- The EV charging station must be connected to the KUA electric meter.
- The charging station must be installed by a licensed electrical contractor and should meet all the state and local codes.
- The EV should be registered to an address that is within the KUA territory.
- You must have proof of purchase of the EV.
For more information be sure to visit KUA’s official website.
You may also like:
3. Jacksonville Electric Authority (JEA) Rewards
Jacksonville Electric Authority (JEA) offers up to 2,400 miles of free overnight charging to their customers who own an EV.
To qualify, you must:
- Be a JEA customer.
- Own an EV.
- Have a level 2 charger installed at home.
To apply, you will need to have;
- Your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
- Your (10-digit) JEA account number.
- Take a picture of your charging timer showing that it’s been programmed to charge overnight.
- You lose your month’s incentive when you charge more than 3 times during the on-peak hours (7 am to 10 pm).
For more information, be sure to visit their official website.