Last Updated on May 30, 2023 by Rose Morah
If you are a Texas resident, check out the following programs that offer rebates and incentives to eligible residents for buying or leasing qualifying EVs.
1. Light-Duty Alternative Fuel Vehicle Incentive Program
Texas residents who purchase or lease a fully electric car or a plug-in Hybrid can qualify for incentives from the Light-Duty Motor Vehicle Purchase/Lease Incentive Program that is administered by The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ).
The incentives are also available when you purchase vehicles that are powered by hydrogen, liquified petroleum gas (propane), and compressed natural gas (CNG).
You can visit the TCEQ official website for more information and download the application form.
2. Entergy’s eTech program
The eTech program offers $250 cash incentives to qualified Entergy customers who purchase Level 2 EVSE.
Other than the $250 cash incentive for the Level 2 EV charger, they also have other cash incentives if you purchase the following electric technologies:
- Light-Duty Electric Burden Carrier.
- Golf Cart.
- Riding Floor Scrubber.
- Man Lift (Scissor Lift or Boom Lift), and so much more.
If interested, be sure to visit the Entergy official website for more information.
See also: Florida EV Rebates and Incentives.
3. Southwestern Electric Power Company (SWEPCO) Rebate
SWEPCO residential customers who purchase and install an EV charging station can qualify for a $250 rebate.
To qualify for the $250 rebate, you will need to:
- Purchase an ENERGY STAR-certified Level 2 EV charger (EVSE) from a local dealership or retailer.
- You need to have the purchase receipt for use during the application process.
- Install the Level 2 EV Charging Station, then go to their official website to fill out the online form.
You may also like:
4. Denton Municipal Electric (DME) Incentives
EV owners/buyers in Texas can get energy efficiency incentives from The GreenSense Incentive Program.
Be sure to check their official website, for information on the available incentives for EV owners and new buyers.
Note: This is only available to their residential customers.
5. CPS Energy Bill Credits
EV owners who are looking to install an EV home charger can receive a bill credit from CPS Energy’s two reward programs. These reward programs are;
- The FlexEV Smart Rewards. – $250 bill credit.
- FlexEV Off-Peak Rewards programs – $125 bill credit.
For more detailed information on these CPS Energy Reward Programs, be sure to visit their official website.
6. Austin Energy Rebate
EV owners in Texas can get a rebate of 50% of the cost of purchase and installation of a Level 2 charging station at home from Austin Energy.
Austin Energy offers a maximum rebate of:
- $900 for purchasing and installing a non-Wi-Fi enabled EV charging Station.
- $1200 for purchasing and installing a Wi-Fi-enabled EV charging Station.
To qualify for the 50% rebate, you must meet the following are the requirements:
- You should be receiving your electricity from Austin Energy.
- You must have purchased/leased a plug-in electric vehicle.
- The EV charging station should be new.
- The charging stations and receptacles for plug-in charging stations must be UL, cETL, or ETL.
- The charging station should be installed by a licensed electrician.
Be sure to check their website for more requirements.
7. United Cooperative Services (UCS) Rebate
United offers a 50% rebate of up to $500 for a Level 2 (240 Volt) charging station to EV owners who are members of UCS.
- Members must be located in areas served by United.
- The level 2 charging station must be new.
- The EVSE must be programmable. This means it can be set to avoid charging during peak hours.
For more information, and other requirements, you can find them on their official website.